I have never been nominated for anything in my life really so when the lovely mummy blogger The Joy of Momming sent me a note saying that she had nominated me for a liebster award I initially thought Lieb..what?
But when I read about it I felt quite proud to be nominated!
The Liebster Awards help you discover new blogs with less than 200 followers so now that I have been nominated I will have to nominate other lovely blogs that need to be better known out there 🙂
Here are the rules to follow:
– acknowledge the blog that nominated you
– write 11 random facts about you
– answer the 11 questions that the nominating blog gave you
– nominate 5-10 blogs (less than 200 followers) and let them know you have nominated them
– give them 11 questions to answer
11 random facts about me:
1. I shaved my head when I was 18. It wasn’t a breakdown Britney-style but I was very much into my grunge years and the look went well together with my doc Marten’s and piercings. Or so I thought!
2. I could happily survive on just roast potatoes and melted cheese. And pizza.
3. Although I’ve lived in the UK for over 10 years, I still struggle to pronounce bed, bread and crackers correctly. That’s quite random indeed. And I’m sure there are many more words I still mispronounce.
4. I am terrified of jellyfish. Never been stung by one but these days I rarely swim in the sea although I used to love that as a kid
5. Favourites: book (The House of Sleep by Jonathan Coe), song (Black by Pearl Jam), movie (Dirty Dancing)
6. I have about 5 pairs of heels under my desk at work so I just walk to work in trainers and then change shoes
7. I used to make jewellery and set up my own Etsy shop. Would love to start again one day when Frances will be able to be around small beads without wanting to eat them!
8. When I was 16 I tried to give myself a tattoo with needle and ink. Got bored after a short while but I still have 2 little black dots on my left wrist!
9. Until I hit my teen years (and started smoking..) I was a very fast runner. I have no idea about best time or anything like that but I could run the 100m faster than all the boys at school and I consistently won first place in the school competitions
10. Most nights I dream of my grandparents house, incorporated into whatever location my dream is set in. Sometimes it’s the exact house in the exact road or it’s just a room or two in another location altogether but definitely it. Always makes me smile when I wake up and remember it
11. When I have cereal I put a little spoonful of instant coffee granules in the milk. Only with the cornflakes type, not granola variety. When people see me do that they are between shocked and disgusted 🙂
These are my answers to the questions that The Joy of Momming gave me:
- What was the last thing you ate? Porridge
- If you had to give your high school self one piece of advice, what would it be? Put yourself more out there. Nothing to be shy about and the boy does like you back [I only found out years later!]
- You just won the award for being the best *blank*. What award did you win? The best hoarder 🙂
- What is your most prized material possession? A watch I got for my 30th birthday and my engagement ring
- Who is the best cook you know and what is the best thing they make? My mum. She makes the most wonderful Bolognese sauce
- If you won an all expense paid vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be? New Zealand
- Where is your happy place? The kitchen
- Are you more of a glass half full or glass half empty person? I tend to be ‘half empty’ but I’m working really hard to change that
- When you wake up in the morning, what is the first thing that you do? Take my ear plugs off
- Which season do you like best? Spring
- Where do you do most of your blogging from? The office, at lunchtime
The lovely blogs I would like to nominate:
Here are the 11 questions for them to answer:
- Sweet or savoury?
- What is the one piece of clothing that you wear the most?
- What’s your best cooking recipe?
- What was your dream job as a kid?
- Snowy mountains or sandy beaches?
- What’s the first thing you do when you have an hour to yourself?
- If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would it be?
- What is your favourite TV series?
- What’s your worst pet peeve?
- Best childhood memory?
- If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would do?
Well, that was fun! Hope you enjoyed reading it too 🙂